Temporomandibular joints, also known as TMJs, are joints that hold your jaw in place and make speech and eating possible. However, over time these ball and socket joints can wear down or become damaged, hindering your mouth’s ability to function properly. Don’t let your jaw fall into disrepair. Protect your temporomandibular joints with the following treatments:
– Chewing tough or hard foods can put stress on your TMJs, so avoid problematic foods and eat only softer foods.
– Avoid chewing bubble gum or biting your nails, as they can put unnecessary stress on your TMJs.
– Heat packs can be used to lessen the pain caused by TMJ disorders.
– If you are looking for treatment systems you can practice at home, meditation and biofeedback are excellent relaxation methods for jaw tension.
– Always speak with your dentist at Plaza Dental Care for treatments and instructions to protect your TMJs.
– Take any medications as prescribed by your dentist.
– Bruxism can cause TMJ disorders, so sleep with a night guard or a bite plate for protection.
If you would like to schedule a dental exam to check for TMJ disorders with Dr. Khashayar Khomejany, please contact our office at Vallejo, California. You can call us at 707-642-1360. Don’t let your oral health ruin your life, take the steps now to build a better bridge to a brighter future.