Did you know a healthy diet exists for your teeth? Well, it’s true! Having a healthy diet to go hand-in-hand with brushing and flossing will strengthen your teeth and keep them healthy throughout your life. Our dentists, Dr. Sean and Dr. Sepi with Plaza Dental Care in Vallejo, California, are happy to give you tips and advice about a healthy diet so that you can have a healthy smile.
Here are some diet tips to keep your teeth healthy and strong:
– Try to avoid products that are hard in nature and can fracture your teeth. Never bite into solid products.
– Try to eliminate acidic foods from your diet. The same can be said for acidic drinks.
– To help remove foods lodged between teeth, make sure to use a clean tool, such as a piece of floss to reach areas between teeth after eating.
– Avoid snacking throughout the day. To limit snacking, always eat foods as part of larger meals.
– Saliva is very important for keeping your mouth clean. To help reduce additional saliva, eat crunchy/watery foods including apples.
– Minerals such as calcium and phosphorus can be beneficial for helping to keep your tooth enamel strong. They can help remineralize your teeth and provide an added layer of protection.
Your tooth enamel is durable, but over time can wear down, which is why keeping your oral hygiene up with a proper diet can help strengthen your teeth and keep your smile healthy. If you have questions or need to see a dentist, please call us today at 707-642-1360 to make an appointment. Our friendly and professional dental team is happy to take your call and assist you.